Join science fans and people who enjoy examining the foibles of the world for a day of stimulating ideas and fun conversation. Speakers and topics include:
· Sheril Kirshenbaum (U of Texas, and coauthor of “Unscientific America”) on science literacy in the 21st century
· Benjamin Santer, climate scientists at Lawrence Livermore Labs, on the human influence on climate change
· Andrew Fraknoi, astronomer at Foothill College, on Nancy Reagan’s astrologer, jetology, and the zodiac
· Psychologist Patrick O’Reilly (UC San San Francisco) on cons, scams, and undue influence
· Paul Doherty of the Exploratorium on the boundaries of science.
· Plus other speakers, science comedian Norm Goldblatt, exhibits, and a chance to mingle with interesting people
Please visit the website at www.skepticalcon.com to see the full speaker lineup.
Tickets are now on sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Regular tickets for the whole day are available at $50.